- Accept that the primary aim of Kazoku Ju Jitsu is to provide students with the opportunity to enjoy and develop themselves through participating in martial arts, and to enhance the spirit of ju jitsu through this Coaches Charter.
- Respect the rights, dignity and value of each and every person within the context of the martial arts.
- Ensure that children’s safety and welfare are paramount and are recognised as more important than individual or team performance.
- Adhere to the club procedures and policies, and to the rules of the BJJAGB.
- Develop an appropriate co-operative working relationship with children based on mutual trust and respect.
- Encourage and guide children to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance.
- Ensure that activities they direct or advocate are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of students.
- From the beginning, make clear to every student and, where appropriate, parents or carers, exactly what is expected of the student and what the student is entitled to expect in return.
- Co-operate fully with other coaches, managers, officials, and specialists (e.g. doctors and physiotherapists) regarding the best interests of the students.
- Promote adherence to the rules of Kazoku Ju Jitsu, fair play and sportsmanship to students, parents and spectators consistent with Black Belt ethics and values.
- Never condone violations of the laws of the game, behaviour contrary to the spirit of these laws or other relevant rules and regulations, or use of prohibited substances or techniques.
- Consistently display high standards of behaviour and act as a positive role model for students, parents and spectators.